DeathWatch: Terminus Sanctio
Combat House Rules
The following house rules apply to combat:
- Point Blank Bonus with Pistol: Point blank rules (+30) apply to melee combat when using a pistol on single fire. Pistols on semi-auto or auto as well as other types of ranged weapons (Basic) do not gain this modifier due to the inability to easily point and fire within melee range. Now if the character is at point blank (2 meters or less) and is NOT engaged in melee (including being attacked with a melee weapon), then the character will gain the Point Blank bonus.
- Parrying Point-Blank Pistol: A defender being fired upon at point blank in melee range may parry the attack by knocking the ranged weapon (aka pistol) off target with their melee weapon.
- Minion Sudden Death: When attacking non-named characters (the minions of the enemy) if the number of successes rolled on an attack exceeds the TB of the opponent, then the attack automatically inflicts critical damage if it hits. At the GM’s option this is an automatic kill.
- Stacking Armor: Armor can be stacked if it is sensible, ie, wearing a body suit under both armor or a great coat over carapace. To determine AP add +1 to the highest AP. No more than two types of armor can be stacked in this manner. Stacking armor incurs a -1 to AB. Note that generally a Space Marine cannot stake armor with their Astartes Power Armor given the nature of the armor itself but a Space Marine can wear a cloak or use a shield that may add additional AP benefits that count as stacking.
- Melee & Single Fire Mode: We will be using the Black Crusade rules for standard attacks. All standard attacks gain a +10 on the attack roll.
- Semi-Auto & Full Auto Fire: We will be using the Black Crusade rules for Semi-auto and full auto fire. Semi-auto is 0 to hit and Full auto is -10; both are half actions. In all other respects they remain the same.
- Evasion vs. Horde: A character may parry or dodge against a horde but suffers a penalty equal to the magnitude of the horde (rounded up to the nearest 10’s digit).